Written by Administrator
Monday, 18 June 2007
A half-minotaur is the rare and unlikely result of a mating between a minotaur and a human. They are of large build and appear to be a hairy, larger than average humans with red to brown skin and have large horns protruding from their forehead. Most are born from the result of violence or magical experimentation, but an extremely few are concieved in a willing union. Thus the vast majority of half-minotaurs are outcasts and exiles. Most are found traveling alone or in adventuring groups.
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2Intelligence (minimum 3), -2 Charisma.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-minotaurs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-minotaur base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-minotaur can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of half-minotaurs lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger.
Whenever a half-minotaur is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-minotaur is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him.
A half-minotaur is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A half-minotaur can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Weapon Proficiency: A half-minotaur is proficient with the greataxe and all simple weapons.
- +2 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Gore (1d6).
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Orc, Giant, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-minotaur’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +2.